Monday, February 14, 2011

Couponing

I like to collect things. Useful things. I hate when I run out of something and then need to head to the store. I like stocking up and having a stock pile. I like to hoard groceries and toiletries, along with various other items that can be found in a grocery store. Because of my strange fascination with collecting things, it was only a matter of time before I stumbled upon couponing. My husband told me to not even bother and that it wasnt worth it but I watched a show on tv once where a woman bought hundreds of dollars worth of groceries, she handed them her coupons and after they were all rung through, her grand total was under $10. It might have been under $5. I was hooked. I NEEDED to learn how to coupon. 

Well the time has come to learn, and the only issue is that it's crazy hard when starting out. Not to mention our apartment doesnt offer the space needed to stockpile food. But I have found several sites (some of which were recommended by a friend of mine, Kim who is in my opinion, the coupon queen!) and that's how it works out for me. They do the work, blog about it and then I copy the deals I want, sort my coupons and go to the store. DONE! I get cheap and sometimes free items without having to put in all the work of trying to figure out what is on sale and where the sales are. Phew! Because with two toddlers, the money savings isnt worth it if I have to spend hours a day trying to find the deals.

Without further ado- here are my steals of the week (so far!).

Shaw's
Salada Tea 40ct- On sale this week for $1.99, reg. $3.45
Online coupon for $0.75 off Salada Green or White Tea Product
Additional $0.75 off because Shaw's doubles coupons under $1.00
Total Savings:  $2.96
Final Price: $0.49

Idahoan Potatoes- On sale this week for 10/$10, reg. $1.49 each
Online coupon for $0.75 off 3 Idahoan Potatoes
Additonal $0.75 because Shaw's doubles coupons under $1.00
Total Savings: $2.97
Final Price: $1.50 for 3= $0.50 each

General Mills Cereal- On sale this week 4/$10($2.50 each), reg $3.49 each
Online coupon for $1 off 2 General Mills Cereals
Coupon from SS Insert in Sunday paper (01/30/2011) for $1 off 2 General Mills Cereals
Total Savings: $5.96
Final Price: $8.00 ($2.00each), plus a coupon for a free gallon of milk during your next purchase (up to $4.50!)

Land O Lakes Spreadable Butter or Margarine- On sale this week for 2/$3, reg $2.39 and $2.49 each
Online coupon for $0.55 off 1 Land of Lakes Butter with Canola Oil Product
Additional $0.55 off because Shaw's doubles coupons under $1.00
BOGO Land of Lakes Butter w/Olive Oil (after rebate).
Purchased: 1 Land O Lakes Butter with Canola Oil & 1 Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil.
Total Savings: $2.98 in store, $1.50 with rebate
Final Price: $1.90 in store, $0.40 after mail in rebate = $0.95 each in store, $0.20 each after rebate

Totino's Pizza Rolls- On sale this week for $1.29, reg. $2.19 each
Coupon from SS Insert in Sunday paper (01/30/2011) $1 off 2
Total Savings: $2.80
Final Price: $1.58 for two, $0.79 each

Hannaford
Muir Glen 8oz Tomato Sauce- $0.99 each (I bought 4)
Online coupon for $1 off 2 Muir Glen Products (I used 2)
Total Savings: $2.00
Final Price: $2.00 total, or $0.50 each

Total Spent Today: $15.47
Total Saved Today: $19.67
Total Saved Today including Mail-In-Rebate: $21.17, plus I have a free gallon of milk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment